vendredi 18 septembre 2015

Issues with COD 1...

I am having some issues with running a newly purchased COD1.

It installed fine, and on first start it ran fine, albeit a bit dark, so no probs I thought I would simply adjust the slider, nope that didn't work. So I did a search and found that apparently setting the compatibility mode would sort this, so I set compatibility to XP3. However now when I launch the game I get a "cannot find steam" error message and the game cannot run. If I take it out of compatibility mode and restart the PC it runs again.

Oh and a by product is it causes Chrome Browser to throw exceptions when it tries to load and Chrome also freezes needing a PC restart as well.

Any ideas on this?

PS: I did find something about a "blob" file, but I cannot find this on my PC anywhere. I am running Windows 10, but this should not be an issue as it DID run and I actually got about two levels into the game, before I started to sort these brightness issues.
Issues with COD 1...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.