vendredi 27 février 2015

Weird text scaling problem in Vista

http://ift.tt/18wBC1M



The problem:

This is a screenshot from my Grandad's laptop. This is composing an email using his webmail provider in Mozilla Firefox. As you can see, the text has gaps in it. Tall letters in particular have issues - letter f has no top. Letter t has no branch. g and j have no bottom.



I have only noticed this issue so far in text entry boxes - other text in the browser and other programs displays well.



It's not his webmail provider's bad website. I logged in to my own, totally different webmail provider and had the same issue.



It's not the browser. I loaded up both our webmail pages in Chrome to see if it was a Firefox problem. Exactly the same thing.



Font settings - it's set to 100% in browser. In the OS settings it's set to the recommended default. Changing the default font in browser made no difference (the webpage set the font it wanted). Also turning off "hardware acceleration" in browser made no difference.



Resolution setting - the laptop is running at the recommended resolution.





I've never seen anything like this. Any other ideas of what's going on here, things we can try?



(I was able to reassure my Grandad that the problem was not a hardware issue like a typewriter-ribbon-analogue inside his monitor wearing out) :D

Weird text scaling problem in Vista

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.