jeudi 26 février 2015

Split screen on local LAN server

Hello,



I've set up a local LAN server using SteamCMD so I could use some sourcemod plugins I like. Now I want to play on this server with a friend of mine, in Split Screen mode.

I know that to play splitscreen normally, you'd use ss_map <mapname> and then connect_splitscreen localhost 2, however this connects to a server the game sets up internally. Although the game and server are running on the same PC, I want the game to connect to the server I've set up, and not a new one it creates internally.



I've tried connect_splitscreen 127.0.0.1 2, even using my own external IP (after I've port forwarded port 27015, of course), but those commands just don't work. Nothing happens after entering them. It seems you first need to specify the ss_map command. But doing so initiates an internal server, which is not what I need.



I'm sorry if it is vague, but I hope you can understand. If not, please ask and I'll clarify.



TL;DR Connect to server set up on LAN with splitscreen from in-game console.



Thanks in advance!

Split screen on local LAN server

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.