mercredi 25 février 2015

Game Shutdowns

Priority Problem:



This is the first map I have made and I have run into problems I'm not sure how to fix. The map compiles fine. The only issue I have noticed is that vrad stalls for about 30 seconds and then its fine. The major issue that is troubling me is the map will run fine with no performance issues. But then, for what seems like no reason at all, Garry's Mod closes. It doesn't crash or report anything in the console. The game just closes while playing on the map. The compile log doesn't offer insight on this issue as far as I can tell. I will upload the VMF file as soon as I figure out how *hint*. I only found one error I'm not sure how to fix that came up AFTER this problem. The map started closing the game after I've added AI templates that spawn in. If this is the issue how do I fix it?



Here are the only errors in console:



Crazy physics on [353][func_physbox] [Ang:0.000000,0.000000,360.000000] [Pos:1691.000000,-203.000000,-16385.033203] - removing

Bad SetLocalOrigin(1691.000000,-176.000000,-16428.843750) on flareShield (357)



Other errors I see every time I load the map (trying to be helpful to you guys):



55% fast props. Bug?

Player issued command but is now vanished.

Interpenetrating entities: player and func_door (this one displays alot)





This is a TTT map I'm building for my server. I have created a temple that was inspired from Sandopolis zone on the Sega Genesis games Sonic3 and knuckles. When the map starts a logic_auto turns on the lights about 30+/- of them which could be why VRAD is stalling. When the lights fail after 90seconds the temple goes dark and then manhacks spawn in. They spawn from a template, a total of about 6 from different template spawners. The game has shut down twice after the round ended and a new one started. Other shutdowns happened during the spawning. I find it hard to believe these few bots can break my map when I'm alone when I've spawned dozens on my server with only occasional crashes. The template is also not doing what I want. They have the render FX working but the color (I want them white because they are supposed to be ghosts) and transparency isn't working.



Medium Priority Problems:

The error with the physbox happened when I tried to spawn an entity on one of 3 env_entity_creaters. This entity consists of the func_physbox (called a flare) that has the following children: trigger_hurt, env_flare, and trigger_push(flareShield). These combined entities simulate a flare that can burn the player. The trigger_push pushes the ghosts away when they enter it as if they are "afraid" of the flare. The map doesn't seem to like spawning all these entities together hence the error I assume? Because sometimes it spawns other times it doesn't. When it does spawn its only from a certain env_entity_creater then it works just fine.



The flares will be used as keys to unlock certain things like the T room of the Traitor tester. But I want to have the "key slot" to be in one of X number of places when the round restarts so players can't take for granted where the flares or the places to put them will be. How do I make it so that certain thing happen when the round STARTS? logic_auto doesn't say anything about rounds. Only "onmapspawn trigger etc"



Players spawn in the void! I've added info_player_starts and TTT_spectator spawns. Now what?



Lower Priority problem:



I have light from light entities "leaking" through brushes where they meet faces with other brushes. How could this be? Brushes seal the map but light can slip through the "cracks" between brushes? How do I fix this? Its not causing issues it just looks ugly.



Please let me know if I have been helpful as this is my first time asking for help here and I want to be helpful.

Game Shutdowns

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.