samedi 28 février 2015

Hammer keeps wiping my Func_Detail without errors?

Hi All,



I'm new to Hammer, so apologies if this has been covered before but the last few maps I've worked on have been plagued by a weird issue that I can't seem to figure out.



It seems at random points, when I load my map, a heap of the func_detail brushes will have reverted back to world. I'm not getting any errors when I load, it opens fine - just that random chunks of the world will no longer be tied to entities and will be showing as world again.



If I repair the damage, save and reload, it stays gone... for a while - My current map has done it twice in the last 24 hours.



Here are some screenshots from my map, it was fine on save last night, when opening it this morning this is the difference:



Before:





After:





From what I've read, it seems there's an issue with certain SDKs / Hammer when it tries to load a map with 'invalid solids' that can cause this but this also seems to be accompanied by error messages, which I'm not getting - or not seeing, do I need to do something for them to be visible? - and tends to wipe all detail brushes, not just some, so I don't know if this is what's happening here or not.



If it helps to know, the map compiles fine when the detail brushes are there. After breaking, it still compiles (just takes a bit longer).



Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Hammer keeps wiping my Func_Detail without errors?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.