dimanche 19 avril 2015

Something I've done has affected GTAV's performance, and I'm not sure what

Firstly, yes: I do have the latest (GTA optimised) driver from AMD: in fact I've just re-installed it.



I have a mediocre PC, but GTA V has been running pretty well since launch: I've found that it runs somewhere between 30-40fps, though in the city it drops noticably (though still playable).



My specs: http://ift.tt/1aSMSXw

GPU overclock settings: core clock 1050, memory clock 1200

My settings: http://ift.tt/1HlYVZm



HOWEVER:



Yesterday I decided to do something about the stutter in the city and overclocked my card even further than I had before: this time to the maximum AMD's CCC would allow (1050 core, 1450 memory). When I fired up the game, I found that it was doing something quite different: now (in the city) it was nice and smooth briefly (40-50 fps) but every 7 seconds or so would drop to about 15 fps for a good 5 seconds. It would fluctuate between these two states constantly: no matter whether I stood still or drove around. In the 15 fps state it was unplayable.

Naturally I changed my overclock settings back to how they were before... but the problem hasn't gone away, despite restarting multiples times.



Any ideas what could have caused this?



Edit: this is what my afterburner read-out looks like after a bit of playing: http://ift.tt/1HlYTRi

Something I've done has affected GTAV's performance, and I'm not sure what

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.