mardi 21 avril 2015

Need Feedback on new Idea

I have been messing around with particles, alot. I had this idea to give bullets and weapons custom particles trails.

After I did it(they look awesome). I figured I could use this as a workshop item. I know you guys want the game to be balanced and fixed first. But it would really help if you put that aside and told me if you would want this in the game.

The Idea;

New ammunition crate is added (I know valve beat me to the "munitions" crate) It would look something like this link

It contains 3 items; "Ammo" "Rocket fuel(its really for all particle weapons)" "GunPowder", The chance of getting these is divided evenly(33%)

-Ammo: Causes bullets to leave behind a trail of particles and change the color of the tracer. There are different effects with different rarities

-Rocket fuel(for a lack of better name): Changes the trail projectile weapons leave behind, this includes weapons like jarate. This also changes the pyros flamethrower effect.

-Gunpowder: Changes the explosion effects of weapons, only works on explosive weapons and the engineer PDA(building death effect)

These specify what is being changed, not the effect that the weapon receives. That effect is determined by the "prefix" it gets after being uncrated.(this is all random)

The prefixes you can get on your weapon mod. For Example "Red colored Rocket fuel. "Frost ammo".

-Colors (Common)
Changes bullet tracer color/particle trail to x color. No extra particles.

- Special (Rare)
Changes bullet tracer/particle trail color. Extra particles. Current effects are Smoke(In Video), Frost(In Video), Explosive, Fire(In Video), Electric(In Video), High caliber(Similar to Classic warp trail), Energy, Fireworks, and Water(Dont ask)

-Legendary (Very very very very very Rare)
Changes the same items as the "Special". Except these effects are extremely rare. Australium(In Video) and Community Sparkle.

-Explosion effects
I havent worked on this section much, with the only 2 effects being in the video.


I mentioned a video above, and here is my not so great video showing the effects.(If anyone knows a better screen capture program that does not record at 20 fps that would be great). What do you guys think?

Edit: If parentheses where food I would of solved world hunger by now
Need Feedback on new Idea

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.