samedi 23 mai 2015

So I've been playing on a randocrits disabled server for the better part of a week...

And I have to say, I don't think I can ever go back to random crit enabled play.

No longer do I have to suffer 50-60% death rate to random crits, while only receiving a negligible (and unnecessary) 2-5% of my kills from them.

No longer do I have to walk into a 3v1 not in my favor, and have to worry about anything more than "can I outplay them", instead of "can I outplay them, and kill them fast enough before they get the inevitable random crit?"

I can actually enjoy my killstreak parts, and expect to lose my streaks based on a mistake made on my part, not the server saying "ok buddy, time's up, CRAWKIT!"

I can actually play lighter classes, like scout, and expect to have a more decent than usual lifetime because some random crit hitscan fired in my general direction just erased 90% of my hitpoints instead of 20-30.

Falloff mechanics actually work properly and consistently, with mini crit mechanics and procedural crits taking on more meaning in strategic play.

I can actually push a tight, goldrushy style map with a quick fix uber and not expect to just die anyways because private gomer pyle and his rawkit lawnchair rolled a D20.

Snipers and spies actually have a little more value than usual. And spies don't have to worry about utter BS 100% chance to crit wrenches and ubersaws while trying to perform their class function.

I no longer have to sit and watch my team give up the final point because the god of random said that I wouldn't be permitted to participate in the final defense.

Skill flourishes when luck is less of a factor. How anyone ever thought this cancerous, terrible mechanic was a good idea just baffles me.

To the curious, watch snarkycommentary on twitch, and you too can find this beautiful server. Been playing there for the past few days, and haven't enjoyed TF2 as much in years of playing it.
So I've been playing on a randocrits disabled server for the better part of a week...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.