samedi 23 mai 2015

Jumpy/Stuttery FPS on new, powerful computer (Dxdiag inside)

This happens on a wide variety of games. From Skyrim to Fallout 3 to Elder Scrolls Online to Goat Simulator to Crusader Kings 2 to Witcher 2.

For GPU I've got an XFX Double Dissipation Radeon 290X, 4gb V-Ram, etc.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54460 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z97M-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

I ran a test and this besides the CPU being down by .2 ghz it meets and I think surpasses recommended settings for Witcher 3. But, I can't run Witcher 2 well. So.

This is the dxdiag.

So here's what I'm experiencing:

In the games listed above and really any game more demanding than Witcher 1, FPS will usually start between 40 and 60 and then dip down to the 20-30 range. From there it jumps up by ten, down by ten, up by ten, down by ten, so even if it doesn't fall under 30 FPS the picture is jumpy. However, over time it goes lower and lower until it hits the single digits and starts jumping from there to around 20 then back down again. It's really inconsistent in general. It sort of looks like it runs cleanly for one second, pauses for a half second, clean another second, so on and so forth.

I ran GPU-Z, gave it a good clean and room to breathe. Everything's seated properly. It doesn't break 60 Celsius by the time it starts lagging. It's not defaulting to the integrated graphics on the CPU for whatever reason. I bought it last November and have been having trouble since early spring but have tried to ignore it and play older games, but I just can't anymore. I've tried to do a lot of my own research into this and try a bunch of different things including updating/reinstalling drivers but I got nothing. The last computer I owned had a Geforce 560, I think, and a 2.4 ghz dual core processor but still managed to run Skyrim and even Witcher 2 better.

I've done thorough virus scans too.

I don't think it was always like this. I was able to run Dragon Age Inquisition at near-max with minimal FPS hiccups in the November I got the new PC. Everything seems to be working, but it isn't.
Jumpy/Stuttery FPS on new, powerful computer (Dxdiag inside)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.