dimanche 31 mai 2015

CTD after character creation, but not in old save

Imma get right down to business.

After installing the latest version of the Unofficial Patches (and one of two standalone mods such as Skyfall Estate and one weapon mod) my game now CTD's upon finishing character creation. I use Alternate Start: Live Another Life, so no dodgy vanilla cart ride for me. Once I have finished editing my character (I use ECE) and name him, I get a few seconds while the game begins loading in all my mods and faffs with the MCM. It's during this time that is crashes, without fail.

However, I do not get any such crashes when playing a previous save, which I thought was odd.

Stuff I've done to try and fix it:
- Uninstalled the mods I installed last
- Uninstalled a load of mods I don't use much anymore (in case it was a memory issue)
- Run BOSS
- Patched Duel Sheath Redux every time I do anything
- Installed and attempted to use Wrye Bash (brain melted in this process)
- Repeatedly cursed at my laptop
- Spent several hours looking for other possible fixes
- Trawled through Papyrus logs (this crap in very hard to navigate) and found little that I could comprehend

I would rather not do a complete reinstall of Skyrim, because I have a lot of mods set up to just how I like them (they all used to play nice with one another).

Programs I use to stop everything going up:
- BOSS
- NMM
- Wrye Bash
- TESVEdit
- SaveGameCleaner (this thing is a lifesaver)

I have previously asked about this issue elsewhere, but got no help. Instead, I just got random comments about how stupid I am, and how I should go and die because I clearly don't know how to use a computer. So, I'm asking you lovely lot in the Steam forums instead. ^_^

Any further information you need, I will do my best to provide.

I'm not sure how to hide things in the spoiler tabs, so no poor sap has to scroll through all my crap. If anyone can give me a hint as to how to do this, I can post my papyrus log and my load order.

Thank you in advance!
CTD after character creation, but not in old save

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.