jeudi 28 mai 2015

PC issues related to Steam.

I've been having strange issues lately that seem to revolve around Steam.

Symptoms include:

BSODs
Missing Textures in Steam games (TF2, mainly)
Game crashes
Even stranger things, like Microsoft Security Essential's service stopping while Steam is running, until it is closed (or a system reboot).

As per the BSODs, I've gone through the normal channels of having my minidumps analyzed, and have ran numerous tests based on the results of said minidumps.

What I've done:

memtest86+ for 10+ hours with no errors.
Furmark GPU test with no excessive temps or artifacting.
Voltage checks, with no red flags. CPU temp is also fine.
Full uninstall and clean reinstall of the newest nvidia drivers.
HDD test with both Western Digital's and Seagates' HD tools.
Ran various other programs to check for malware/etc., with no results. (Tracking cookies were the worst things found, but those aren't entirely unexpected.)
Verified integrity of at least one Steam game I've experienced issues with. (TF2)

The thing is, I can play non-Steam games (WoW, for example) for hours on end with no problems whatsoever. Then, I get bored and decide to play some TF2, or ESO, and within a very short time either experience a BSOD, or quit due to strange activity (such as the missing textures, which happen in TF2), and then even more weird things happen.

The last time MSE's service stopped, it managed to restart shortly after I exited Steam. The time prior to that, however, I had to restart the system. (Though, I still had Steam running at the time, as I had to wait on it to close for the restart to happen.)

So after a near 6-page thread and days of troubleshooting on sevenforums, I'm asking here. Has anyone else ever had a strange issue like this with Steam?

This all just happened all of a sudden. There were no hardware or software changes, other than perhaps a Steam update. At this point, I have no idea what's causing this mess but it's become quite annoying.

What I haven't tried involves:

Reinstalling Steam and/or games I've experienced problems with.

Testing other hardware to see if the motherboard is the issue, though that isn't likely at this point after all the testing and usage I've done with no other issues outside of Steam.

Thrown PC out of a window.
PC issues related to Steam.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.