jeudi 20 août 2015

Buildings should be unable to be sapped twice in quick succession

Honestly, spamsapping is ing cancer.
While I'll admit that engies playspeed buffs are very welcome, the fact remains that a lone Engineer fending off a spamsapping Spy with a Rescue Ranger needs uncanny aim if they want to kill the spy and save the sentry, and it's just horrible playing against Demomen without that weapon if you don't have explosive classes or Scout assisting you in defence.
I can't remember the last time a spy has done a sapstab on me, let alone a stabsap; even back when I used to main Engineer, it still only happened several times.
What ends up happening most of the time is that Spy saps my everything and hangs around for another round of sappers, and then gets anally annihilated while I remove the sappers and repair the smidgen of damage they did.
However, I've been trying out new Engineer playstyles now that the Jag can be used like the Gunslinger if I'm careful, and I find that although a mobile Engie is really fun most of the time, people switch to Spy to counter me, and there's not much that I can do solo if a Spy is keeping my sentry sapped and a more battle-ready class is moving in for the kill.
So I'd really love it if Spy's sapper was made less spammable, in favour of more cunning or skillful techniques.

But I'm not saying Spy is OP, I find that he's underpowered if anything, and that's just based on my experiences fighting him since I never use the class; so a direct nerf would be unfair.
Perhaps he could get some sort of Meet the Spy style sapper sliding in exchange? I always thought Spy's lethality should lie in quality rather than quantity.

Also, that change for making the wrangler shield block healing was totally uncalled for; it's already awful that any Soldier can easily and consistently destroy a level 3 sentry in 2 hits with that recent bugfix for how explosive damage was calculated, but preventing Engie from buying himself time with wrangler is just lowering the skill ceiling and making him more helpless than he already is against 2 of his 3 hardcounter classes.
Honestly, it's an oversight by VALVe that while they probably nerfed explosive damage for moving targets with that bugfix, they buffed damage against stationary targets to the point that engie nests feel like houses of cards if I have rockets to fire at them, and while playing Engineer I sometimes have to fire Ranger shots pre-emptively because a soldier can often destroy a level 1 sentry in less than the time it takes for the shot to reach the sentry plus my admittedly slow 0.3 second reaction time.
Buildings should be unable to be sapped twice in quick succession

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.