jeudi 20 août 2015

Lightning Hit My House = Dead Ethernet Port?

So lightning hit my house and blew the tube in our old CRT TV, so it won't display an image now, broke the lights on our fan or ruined the switch, don't know which yet. Fried our modem to where the power light just blinks and all other lights were off.

So we replaced the modem and my dads internet works but mine won't. When I plug any CAT 5 cable into my Ethernet port, it never lights up at all, like it used to, like it should. I tried taking my laptop out to my dads PC and unplugged his Ethernet cable and plugged into my laptop, no lights, no internet. It just won't recognize a cable being plugged in.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the new one, disabling the Local Area Connection 1 and 2 then re-enabling them through Network & Sharing Center. I've tried this through Device Manager also many times, doing reboots. I've taken the battery out and let it reset my clock and such.

The wireless works great, so the WLAN card didn't get affected. I'm using it now. But this port seems to just be.. DEAD.

I have this laptop and it seems, as I figured the port is directly connected into the motherboard so I guess I need to replace the motherboard to get the port working?

Either new motherboard or..is there some type of USB port thing I haven't heard of I can buy?

So instead of frying the laptop, it kills the Ethernet port..

Does anyone have any ideas?
What are my options?

+R4H. Thanks!

EDIT: So my dad comes in after waking up and says that the TV and fan is good now and working. So whats going on with my port!?
Lightning Hit My House = Dead Ethernet Port?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.