lundi 17 août 2015

UAC Problems Running Games

I'm a little bit confused with UAC right now. I've never really had problems with UAC that much, other than occasionally approving when running steam (I run it elevated). Today I reallized that my PC running W10 Tech Preview initiates a prompt for every single game I try to play. Of course this can be remedied by elevating steam (which I have done) but then of course any desktop shortcuts still cause prompts - which is annoying when you plan to use rainmeter to launch most your important games and apps...

Moreover my PC running W10 Home Premium has no UAC issues (Tested with several games present on both computers) with regards to steam. Doesn't even need to have any elevation whatsoever and it will not complain. I was wondering if anyone with some experience regarding similar problems could shed some light on the matter.

Worst comes to worst I'll just disable UAC. It's a pretty useless feature for anyone who knows PCs as well as any other extension of their body... Plus it has the added benefit of breaking the MS Store and a few other MS bloatwares :D
UAC Problems Running Games

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.