vendredi 17 avril 2015

AMD 7970 Crash Vertical Lines On Screen

The other day while playing some world of Warcraft and talking to a friend on Skype, my 7970 graphics card froze displaying pink/red vertical lines on my monitor. I could still talk to my friend on Skype, so i assumed it was just a loose cable. so i fiddled around with the dvi cable on the monitor and restarted the computer. when the computer restarted i had picture back, but a few mins later it crashed again this time with blue/yellow vertical lines and when i restarted it again i had no picture just a black screen. since then I have come to the conclusion that the monitor, cables, PSU and motherboard are not at fault as they work with a 7570. Also my 7970's fans are working. On my motherboard the VGA_LED is solid red. For the time being i have removed my 7970 from my pc and i am using my CPU's graphical capability's. The only thing that i can think of that might have caused damage to the gpu was the recent addition of a AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer to the PCI-E slot just above my 7970. if the AVerMedia card became lose and touched off of the 7970 could it short it? I have reinstalled drivers but that doesn't seem to have help. at this point i am desperate for suggestions.

MB: asus z68 pro

CPU: 2600k 3.4ghz

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

SSD: force seires 3 120gb ssd

HDD 1: 2TB 7200rpm 6g/b

HDD 2: 2TB 7200rpm 6g/b

HDD 3: 1.5tb 7200rpm 3g/b

GPU: xfx 7970

PSU: cooler master silent pro 850w

OS: Windows 7 x64

Capture card: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer

Case: cooler master haf x

moniter: Dell 23" - U2312HM

AMD 7970 Crash Vertical Lines On Screen

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.