mercredi 25 mars 2015

High Lag Across Multiple Games

So, I'm trying to play TF2, and I'm getting massive lag spikes. Jump and freeze mid-air kind of thing. But I'm still able to look around, and everyone else seems to move normally, I've even observed two scouts fighting before one noticed me for the free kill.



I have screenshots of the netgraph below, it's notable that in some of them, I have a very high choke. This problem in particular has been fixed by lowering the cmdrate and updatrates. But the graph section still looks the same. From what I've gathered, it implies that I'm receiving a huge amount of data?



Also worth noting: I'm using wifi (normally use a cable at my dorms, currently at home on break. Ethernet is not an option.), and my brother, on the same internet and a worse computer, doesn't get this kind of lag. I previously used the same computer and wifi connection in December with no notable lag spikes.



Also worth noting: Lag also continues in CS:GO, and besides the graph, the "In" value on the Net graph always spikes when I lag, so I assume it's causing the problem.



Lag does NOT seem to occur in either Terraria or Lethal League, or if it does it's not large enough to be noticeable.



Screenshots

http://ift.tt/1D0s900

http://ift.tt/1Ccv6Ho

http://ift.tt/1Ccv6Hs

http://ift.tt/1D0s7oZ



While my ping is high in many of these screenshots, it usually is around 30-50.



I can post the internet-related autoexec commands for TF2 if anyone needs them, but since I also tested for and confirmed lag in CSGO (where I havent changed a single setting, since I dont play it often), I doubt they're part of the problem.



If there's any more information you could need, feel free to ask. I can always take more screenshots or play a different game to get more information. Also, the threads I found relating to this all said to drop the cmdrate and updaterate to deal with lag, but since I already did that, I posted a new thread, apologies if I missed a thread that answered this question already.

High Lag Across Multiple Games

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.