vendredi 20 mars 2015

Performance guide!

A small guide which may help CS:GO players stabilize and optimize their computer for gaming. It will also help other types of games as well obviously



I mostly trialed and errored this myself and I believe I've come down to whatever was causing issues for me.

While I've never had any critical issues with CS:GO I do feel it's never any bad to smooth out my game experience.





Windows 8.1 users:



Follow this guide:

http://ift.tt/1MUHMFI



For windows pro/ultimate users:

Use gpedit to disable bandwidth limits which are there by default, windows reserves upto 20% of your bandwidth for the system but might be worth a shot.



You can do this with home versions as well but it requires you to mess with registry yourself which I don't recommend unless you got a step by step guide on how to do it and making sure you don't mess up the wrong things.



More general tweaks for everybody:



follow this guide:

http://ift.tt/1x913Bt



If you don't want to mess around in BIOS you shouldn't either, I didn't notice that much big of a difference in doing so, minor improvements but I can live without them personally :)





Priorities:



Put CS:GO on high prio

put steam.exe and every other steam related item on low prio



I use a dedicated soundcard, xonar so I can put that on below normal prio and it helps greatly for my shot speed and responsivenes in game, this was the biggest tweak impact for me personally.

this can probably be done with Mobo sound as well.





Other things that will help:



Disabling antivirus, malware/spyware programs while playing.



Using CCleaner to fix registry.



Turn of router at night if you don't need to use it for DL or whatever.

Restart your pc before playing CS:GO.

Restart your router every 3-4 hours.





Probably not 1 magical thing you can do to fix CS but a combined effort to eliminate as much interference as possible in your games.



It's not required to do everything to get smooth but this is the path I had to get my CS:GO as smooth and responsive as I got it today and I recommend





Credits:



Roach who wrote the gaming and mouse responsivnes guide and windows 8.1 tweak guide.



Rest is information I've gathered and tested myself.

Performance guide!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.