samedi 21 mars 2015

FPS Drops and Lag Spikes

Recently I just bought a new laptop, specifically the Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition. It is very similiar in specs to the Lenovo Y50. Here are my specs:



CPU: 2.5GHz Intel Core i7-4710HQ (quad-core, 6MB cache)

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (2GB GDDR5 RAM), Intel HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8GB DDR3L

Storage: 1TB HDD (5,400 RPM)

OS: Windows 8.1



The funny thing is it runs games out of steam just fine, for example minecraft. I don't get the absolute highest framerate in the world - but it doesn't spike. When I run steam games like unturned, infestation, or cs go, it randomly spikes. In CS GO I could be playing at 200 fps then every 30 seconds it would drop to around 25-40 fps. This in the same in unturned and infestation, it would be butter smooth for a while then become very choppy. I tried finding solutions but most solutions are game-specific, and most of them haven't worked. I've tweaked my CS GO launch settings, but I find that the root of the problem seems to be steam or steam games, and I might not be tackling the right thing.



To be clear, I have updated all my video drivers, and my realtek audio sound drivers. I also game with an ethernet cable, and I don't believe it's related to internet speed because I'm not lagging, I'm just suffering framerate drops(my ping is always 5). Is it a windows 8 problem? A steam problem? GPU heat throttling? I've really ran into a wall here. Please help me :(



I've posted this message before, but no one replied my old one, so I'm trying to revive it.

FPS Drops and Lag Spikes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.