jeudi 19 mars 2015

Apparently Valve and Gabe don't have the slightest interest in making HL3

Found this on Polygon (sorry, I know a lot of people dislike that site, myself included, but it was the only one I saw reporting this).



http://ift.tt/1EtNB8x




Quote:








"I get it," he said. "I'm a fan of TV shows, I'm a fan of writers, I'm a fan of movies, I'm a fan of games. I certainly understand why people are like 'Hey, I remember this awesome experience and I'm starting to get worried that I'm never going to get to have it again.' I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett and he has Alzheimer's and it's like 'Oh my god, I may never get another great Discworld novel.' [Note: The interview with Keighley was recorded prior to Pratchett's death.]



"So we understand it and we feel that. We think at the end of the day customers are going to be really happy with where we spent our time and how we've turned that into entertainment for them. But we're also going to build on what we've learned ... and we've learned a lot. We're not going to go all retro because there are too many interesting things that have been learned."



While navigating the minefield that is Half-Life 3, while never actually mentioning it by name, Newell offered what might sound either like hope for more Half-Life or a gentle warning that it might never actually happen, depending on how you read it.



"The only reason we'd go back and do like a super classic kind of product is if a whole bunch of people just internally at Valve said they wanted to do it and had a reasonable explanation for why [they did]," he said.



"But you know if you want to do another Half-Life game and you want to ignore everything we've learned in shipping Portal 2 and in shipping all the updates on the multiplayer side, that seems like a bad choice. So we'll keep moving forward. But that doesn't necessarily always mean what people are worried that it might mean."



In other words: let's not hold our collective breaths.



Gabe also insisted that their games are "tools" (whatever that means; probably not something very good, same as his "games-as-a-service" approach of yesteryear), and that some may be useful at a given time, some may not.



Alright Valve, thanks for the cliffhangers, I guess.



Marc Laidlaw should probably just go ahead and publish the whole script since apparently it will never be used.

Apparently Valve and Gabe don't have the slightest interest in making HL3

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.