samedi 28 mars 2015

Issue Launching Team Fortress 2

Just re-downloaded Team Fortress 2 (I had the same error with the 1st download and figured it would be worth a shot to re-install/re-download, didn't fix error).

I launch the game, whether in the Steam client or directly via the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe file (also tried launching it with admin rights, I believe the file path I've written down here is correct but I'm prone to typos) and I am given the following output via a popup:

"

Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'tf'.

Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

"

I have no idea how to check either of these and have absolutely no clue as to whats going on aside from gameinfo.txt missing (long time arch linux user, but I'm running this on a windows 10 technical preview (bought deus ex directors cut (fantastic game) and didn't realize I need windows to play it (DOH!)).

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

How does one generate a gameinfo.txt file?

Is there a known cause/solution for this?

Screenshot of error attached via hyperlink



Any responses appreciated!

Issue Launching Team Fortress 2

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.