samedi 21 mars 2015

Search for A+B+C, get AorBorC

Go to player search. Type in someone's name, let's say they have 3 words in their name, Realistic Mini Jumps. A pretty unique name. Searching should only give 1 result. Get thousands of results, because steam searched for any profile that has Realistic, has Mini, OR has Jumps in the name.



Type it with quotes. Steam has to search for the ENTIRE entry, and will only return results that have "Realistic Mini Jumps" written exactly like that. Right? Nope. Get the same results where steam decided it didn't need to search for the whole name, just parts.



I want to find the profile of "That Traitor gotte kill him" because I'm pretty sure he joined my group chat to troll. Guess what. I got 269,778 results of people that have that, traitor, got, gott, gotte, kill, and him in their names (And some that DON'T have them, like me and one of my friends, who were returned as the top two results. In fact, that friend is almost ALWAYS returned as the top result, no matter what I search for).



Fine, I'll search "gotte" because it's unique. So I'll only get profiles that have "gotte" in them. Nope. 90% of results are gott. I did not type gott. I typed gotte. Put quotes around it so steam searches for exactly what I typed. Nope. Steam still decides I wanted to type gott instead, and shows results for that.



Hey steam. If I type something in search, SEARCH FOR IT. Don't decide you want to search for something different, or only search for parts of what I typed.

Search for A+B+C, get AorBorC

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.