vendredi 24 juillet 2015

G502 way too heavy or is it just me?

I used the G500 for 5 years and it was perfect for me. Shape, weight, friction with default gliders, etc...

Then they stopped making it (for no good reason really), and replaced it with the G500S, which was slightly heavier but not that much.

The G500S also got discontinued, one or two years after it came out, and now we have the G502. Problem is, the G502 is way, way heavier than its predecessors. I'm not a muscular type of guy, but a mouse should normally not be a problem for anybody unless they're injured or they have a decease of some kind. I didn't put any of the additional weights the mouse came with.

With the G500 and G500S I used various DPIs ranging from 800 to 600. With the 502, right off the bat, I needed to use 900. After a while, it felt way too slow, so I bumped it to 950. It got better, but again after a while I felt like I needed more speed. So over the course of a month I went from 900 to 1100. I actually switched from 1050 to 1100 yesterday, and I already feel like I need to increase it.

The problem is that while the DPI definitely increases the speed, it's just as tiresome to move the mouse around. At the end of the day my wrist feels very tired. Lifting the mouse using the "mouse position" feels like lifting a small rock. Making fast movements is also very hard. Whereas with the G500 I didn't feel any weight or any resistance, I didn't have to "push" the mouse around.

The gliders are worn out, but not completely gone. I was even wearing out the mouse itself with some of the G500 I had and it wasn't an issue at all.

I don't use my arm, only my wrist, and I move the mouse with my fingers if I need even more reach and my wrist is already at its maximum. I have trouble doing that now.

I can definitely tell that it's my wrist getting tired because when I wake up, it usually feels ok, but as I use the mouse, it becomes increasingly difficult to move it, and this is when I feel like I need to increase the DPI again. Problem is, even if I do, after some time it will feel like I didn't change anything.

I've seen some people also saying that the 502 is heavier than the usual mouse but nothing as bad as me. Heavier mice are usually a problem for low sens users, which I am part of, and I don't wish to play with high sens, I just can't do it. In Windows it's doable, but in games that's out of the question. So for those who own one, do you think it's too heavy? Do you use any of the weights? And do you use low sensitivity?
G502 way too heavy or is it just me?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.