dimanche 26 juillet 2015

Opt-in option for better game time tracking

Hey.

I would appreciate if Steam offered a (opt-in probably, not set by default) way to improve the game time tracking. I often look at these numbers to figure out how much a game was 'interesting' for me and in discussions among friends, but unfortunately it's currently ~broken~.

- It tracks time while the game isn't running. All the launcher games: Sit in the launcher and as far as I can tell you're "playing" the game

- It tracks time while the computer is idle or even locked

- It tracks time while I do something else (Alt-Tab - probably hardest to 'fix' and maybe even a good thing?)

If someone waved a magic wand and added this option right now, I would instantly enable it. The issue became a lot worse just yesterday, when I didn't just dislike the wrong numbers - but tried to get a refund. A game that I hate with a passion and that I consider completely flawed sat in the menu screen, I got to tend to the kids for a while and the real play time of <= one hour is now at 4.x because I didn't hit quit and I won't get my money back.

With the features above Steam would know that no one played that game, would track the right information, wouldn't ~lie~.

I would expect that code that detects inactivity is already there: The messaging client needs that for auto-away. Maybe .. that could be combined? How can someone be 'auto-away' and playing?
Opt-in option for better game time tracking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.