vendredi 17 juillet 2015

VAC kicks since big update

Around the time the big update in early June was released (or was it late May? I forgot), I started getting random VAC kicks in any game mode.

I have tried every possible solution I could find on the internet, including of course the ones listed here in the VAC thread (as well as configuring the steam ports in my router etc.). None helped. I even reinstalled Steam, then Windows. To no avail.

This is extremely annoying, and the German support (to which I was redirected due to my IP address) was completely incompetent.

First they did not even bother to read what I had written but replied with a "You were probably AFK for too long or misbehaved on the server, hence you got kicked." What the heck?

Then, after finally reading up, they suggested I deactivated my virus protection and my firewall and see if the problem still occured. Hello? How can you seriously advise someone to be online without protection? Crazy much??

When I asked for software alternatives, as I did not want to risk my system become infected, they could not provide any. Of course they couldn't, because every third party software is potentially incompatible with Steam.

At the end, after providing no helpful answer whatsoever, they wrote that they would not respond to the issue anymore as the question had been answered. Are you kidding me?

This is no new issue, it has been known of for quite some time now. I know that other people had or have it, too. Can this finally be solved, please? It is an outrage to constantly blame it on other software products instead of finally fixing your code, VALVe! I am sick and tired of getting randomly kicked from matches because there was supposedly some "issue with my computer". Until June, everything worked fine for years, so how come all of a sudden it doesn't? I have not installed any new programs when the problem started, and the virus protection software as well as my firewall have not changed either.

FIX THIS ASAP. Seriously.
VAC kicks since big update

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.